Fishroll is a sumptuous Nigerian snack quite like meatpie. The only difference is fishroll is fried and made with fish-either fresh or sardine.
Also, the steps are really basic and in less than 45 minutes, you could have a batch of steaming rolls waiting for consumption.
This snack can be taken with soda, milk shakes, tea, youghurt, chapman and any of drink of your choice.
Below is a very simple recipe on how to prepare:
- 300g (10.5 oz) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon yeast
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Cold water
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1 tin of sardine or boiled fresh fish of your choice
How to make the dough
1. Pour yeast with 1⁄2 cup of warm water
2. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour; stir and leave for 10-15 minutes to rise (pre-dough)
3. Add the remaining sugar and salt in this pre-dough.
4. Add scrambled eggs with a fork; put the softened butter.
5. Pour the sifted flour.
6. Knead the dough.
This video will also help you