Rice Pancake as the name implies is pancake made with rice. It is popularly known as Sinasir in Northern Nigeria. It is prepared with the soft variety of rice, which is the type used for Tuwo Shinkafa.
It is very delicious and more people are beginning to fall in love with this snack. Interested?
Then follow the recipe on how to make it.
Ingredients for Rice Pancakes
- ½ cup (90g) soft rice
- ½ cup (60g) boiled rice
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 small onion
- 1 Egg
- ½ tin Peak Milk
- Sugar (to taste)
- 2 pinches of salt
- Vegetable oil: for frying.
What to do before you begin making
- Soak the soft rice with warm water over night or for at least 8 hours.
- Boil some rice that will be equivalent to cup boiled rice. I normally use left over boiled white rice for this.
- Cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Add all the ingredients: the soaked rice, cooked rice, diced onions, salt, sugar, yeast, egg and Peak Milk into a blender.
- Add just enough water to help the blades of your blender move.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl, leave it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Set a frying pan on the stove, preferably a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan.
- Once hot, pour some batter into the pan making sure it is as thin as possible.
- Fry on medium heat till the top cakes and the underside is golden.
- Flip to fry the other side till light brown.